How to Apply & Deadlines
- Information about the Latham 2020 grant program will be posted in May 2020.
The 2019 Latham Grants program focus is Promoting Humane Education through Animal-Assisted Activities, where both animals and people benefit. Organizations that demonstrate this in their program will be considered for grants.
Proposals for the 2019 Latham Grant program will only be accepted on our website from July 1, 2019 to July 26, 2019. Latham will consider all proposals in August and notify the applicant with our decisions in early September.
Nonprofit organizations will have priority but grants shall not be limited to those who have attained nonprofit or 501(c)(3) status.
Your proposal should:
Begin with a cover letter with a summary of your program/project and the amount of money you are requesting. Explain how you would use the funds to promote animal-assisted humane education for the benefit of both.
Then, in more detail:
1. Describe the need.
2. Explain how the people and animals will benefit.
3. Tell how and when you plan to carry out your program. (Methods/Activities)
4. Explain how you will evaluate results.
5. Provide a detailed budget including support from other sources, if any.
6. Explain how you plan to support employment after the grant period ends if your request includes salaries.
7. Include a description of your organization and a brief history of its work. Include an explanation of how it is addressing needs beyond its own. (See Latham Steps.)
8. Attach a list of your Board of Directors and their affiliations.
9. Quote recommendations or testimonials about your organization or programs.
We will not be able to consider incomplete proposals.