How to Apply & Deadlines
We are pleased to announce the names of the organizations that were previously awarded Latham Humane Education Grants
The Latham Humane Education Grant program will accept applications on this site from July 1, 2022 to July 8, 2022.
2022 GRANTS GENERAL INFORMATION page.
Nonprofit organizations will have priority but grants shall not be limited to those who have attained nonprofit or 501(c)(3) status.
Your proposal should:
Begin with a cover letter with a summary of your program/project and the amount of money you are requesting. Explain how you would use the funds to promote animal-assisted humane education for the benefit of both.
Then, in more detail and a MAXIMUM of 15 pages total:
1. Describe the need.
2. Explain how the animals and people (military, veterans or first responders and families) benefit through the program.
3. Tell how and when you plan to carry out your program. (Methods/Activities)
4. Explain how you will evaluate results.
5. Provide your organizations annual budget summary and the proposed program budget including support from other sources.
6. Explain how you plan to support employment after the grant period ends if your request includes salaries.
7. Include a description of your organization and a brief history of its work. Include an explanation of how it is addressing needs beyond its own. (See Latham Steps.)
8. Attach a list of your Board of Directors and their affiliations.
9. Quote recommendations or testimonials (limit 3) about your organization or programs.
10. – No pictures please.
We will not be able to consider incomplete proposals.