How to Apply & Deadlines
The 2023 Latham Grant program is now compete. We are pleased to announce the names of the organizations that have been awarded Latham Humane Education Grants each year.
Nonprofit organizations will have priority but grants shall not be limited to those who have attained nonprofit or 501(c)(3) status.
Your proposal should:
Begin with a cover letter with a summary of your program/project and the amount of money you are requesting. Explain how you would use the funds to promote animal-assisted humane education for the benefit of both. Documents submitted are typically in WORD or Adobe Acrobat format.
Then, in more detail and a MAXIMUM of 15 pages total:
1. Describe the need.
2. Explain how the animals and people (military, veterans or first responders and their families) benefit through the program.
3. Tell how and when you plan to carry out your program. (Methods/Activities)
4. Explain how you will evaluate results.
5. Provide your organization’s annual budget summary and the proposed program budget including support from other sources.
6. Explain how you plan to support employment after the grant period ends if your request includes salaries.
7. Include a description of your organization and a brief history of its work. Include an explanation of how it is addressing needs beyond its own. (See Latham Steps.)
8. Attach a list of your Board of Directors and their affiliations.
9. Quote recommendations or testimonials (limit 3) about your organization or programs.
10. – No pictures please.
We will not be able to consider incomplete proposals.
Your proposal file(s) attach to the online application form that is available only for the dates shown below. The application form simply organizes the information about you and allows you to attach your proposal file(s).
Latham Grant proposals will be accepted starting on July 1, 2023 until midnight, July 8, 2023.
IF you are NOT ABLE to complete the online form, please download this alternative